The City of Melbourne is holding the Melbourne BioBlitz , a data collection based event in which members of the public of all ages can become volunteer citizen scientist to help discover the diverseanimal and plant species that call Melbourne home. The data collected will help develop the City of Melbourne’s first ever Urban Ecology Strategy.
Melbourne BioBlitz is a data collection based event in which members of the public of all ages can become volunteer citizen scientists. The goal is to find and identify as many species of plants, animals, microbes, fungi, and other organisms as possible in the city.
There are two ways to get involved:
1. Become a citizen scientist and carry out an independent BioBlitz at any time by following theBioBlitz toolkit or
2. Join one of our expert-led BioBlitz events.
After your BioBlitz you can submit your sightings in three ways:
1. Using the form on the website
2. Tag your sighting #bioblitzmelb on Twitter and Instagram (don’t forget your location!)
3. Use the BowerBird website
Melbourne BioBlitz runs from 31 October to 15 November 2014.
More information at Melbourne BioBlitz