World Landscape Architecture announces a call for nominations for jurors the 2021 WLA Awards. The WLA Awards seeks to honour landscape architects and students from around the world for their outstanding work and to promote the profession.
The Awards endeavour to recognise innovative work (conceptual and built) by landscape architects from across the world. World Landscape Architecture seeks to provide the opportunity for landscape architects from all countries to be recognised on the world stage by their profession.
For 2021, there will be separate juries for the Professional Awards and Student Awards with differing eligibility criteria.
Professional Awards Jury
- An experienced landscape architect, architect, or urban designer who has a minimum of 8 years of experience working in a private firm or government or organisation
- Previous design award jury experience
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
Student Awards Jury
- Professor (Tenor, Non-tenure, Adjunct), Lecturer, Tutor or Faculty Member of a Landscape Architecture or Urban design department at a University or College
- Landscape architects involved with teaching at a Landscape Architecture or Urban design department at a University or College
Conditions of the Professional and Student Awards Jury Membership
- Sign a Jury Declaration stating that you will honour and abide by the WLA Awards rules.
- Committing to judging two (2) rounds including shortlisting entries, scoring the shortlist to determine the winners. These judging rounds will occur in April. The time commitment is 8-12 hours (judging is independent and in your own time)
- Abstain from entering the WLA Awards (you, your employees, associates, your company or any associated companies)
- Recluse yourself from judging any entry that you may be associated with directly or indirectly through collaboration, companies, teaching or other activities.
- Maintain confidentiality of the judging process and scoring including not disclosing any information publicly.
- Informing WLA if you are contacted directly or indirectly by any entrants (via email, phone, verbally or any other forms of communication)
- Not contact any entrants
- Jurors are appointed for one (1) WLA Awards.
WLA Awards Jurors volunteer their experience and time and shall not receive payment for participating in the jury. They will receive a participation certificate and the option of a profile on the WLA website.
Juror Applications (jurors can self nominate) need to include the following information:
- Location (city, country)
- Email Address
- Current Position
- Qualifications (major and/or most recent) – maximum 1 A4/Letter page at 10pt Arial
- Past Experience (professional and/or academic) – maximum 1 A4/Letter page at 10pt Arial
- Any past judging experience – maximum 1 A4/Letter page at 10pt Arial
- A Statement that you understand the conditions of the jury membership. (e.g. I, Your name understand the conditions of the jury membership. Date and Signature)
Please email the nominations to [email protected]
Applications are due by the Friday, 6 November 2020 by 11:59pm Honolulu, Hawaii Time