World Landscape Architecture (世界景观网) has opened the call entries for the 2020 WLA Awards, the annual international landscape architecture awards that seek to honour landscape architects around the world. The WLA Awards recognizes the innovative work of professional landscape architects and students on the world stage providing extensive coverage on WLA and the WLA Awards magazine.
The WLA Awards are now in their fourth year and past winners include Sasaki, dwg., LANDPROCESS, OJB Landscape Architecture, MKSK, Gossamer, OLIN, Stoss Landscape Urbanism, LandLAB + Monk McKenzie, SLA, PLACE, Rogers Partners, ASDISKY, Ken Smith Workshop and many more.
The WLA Awards is honoured to have another high calibre jury from across the world for the 2020 WLA Awards including:
- Claire Martin – Associate Director – OCULUS
- Daniel Woodroffe – Principal – dwg.
- Deborah Nagan – Director – Uncommon Land
- Jack Qian – Founder & Director – Gossamer 怡境国际
- Luc Wallays – Creative Director – OMGEVING
- Maria Debije Counts – Knowledge Manager, Landscape Architecture – Perkins and Will
- Michelle Delk – Partner / Discipline Director – Snøhetta
- Tao Zhang – Principal – Sasaki
All landscape architects who have graduated from or currently studying in landscape architecture at a university are eligible to enter the WLA Awards.
Organisations and companies may enter landscape architecture projects on behalf of the designer however they must have written permission from the landscape architect or design firm.
Projects must be a concept or built during 2016-2019. Previous winners of WLA Awards cannot be submitted. Entries can be entered into more than one categories (entry fee required per entry) however the jury reserves the right to move or not assess an entry that is not suited to the category.
Student Entries must be studying or completed studies in 2018-2020. Students must submit a student ID with the entry (as a separate file).
Entrants can enter the following categories:
- Built Award – Small (Build projects smaller than 1,000 sq. metres)
- Built Award – Large (Build projects over 1000 sq. metres)
- Built Award – Residential (including apartment/condos, villas, ranches, subdivisions, etc)
- Conceptual Award – Design
- Conceptual Award – Analysis and Planning
- Student Award – Design
- Student Award – Analysis and Planning
- World Landscape Architecture Award (Design Office or Person)
Refer to the category links above or go to the shop for more information on each category
The Awards submission should include the following:
- A maximum five (5) page (A3 / 11×17 format) using the WLA template will only be accepted (which is supplied as a download link via email after purchasing an entry)
- This includes one (1) page of text (maximum 350 words in English) and four (4) pages of images with a caption per image (25 words maximum)
- The entry number (this is the order number provided via email after purchase) and project name shall be shown in the footer
- No entrant, company, or designers names within the text or images (excluding the World Landscape Architecture Award)
- No overlays with supergraphic text or titles text, graphs or numbers. Text on plans or diagrams is acceptable
- Awards submission shall be less than 10Mb
- The Awards submission should be submitted via email to [email protected] by the deadline
All entries are eligible to be published on WLA and entrants will be requested to submit high-resolution images and text as a separate submission for publication after the deadline.
- Built and Conceptual Award Categories (Small, Large, Residential) – $150AUD (approx. $100USD, 92EUR, 720CNY, 7200INR)*
- Student Award Categories – $50AUD (approx. $35USD, 30EUR, 240CNY, 2400INR)*
- World Landscape Architecture Award – $150AUD (approx. $100USD, 92EUR, 720CNY, 7200INR)*
Entries can be purchased in the WLA Shop via Credit Card, Paypal or Alipay( 支付宝 ). Entry fees are charged in AUD as shown – the amounts shown in other currencies are indicative only and the final amount may differ due to currency fluctuations.
- Built and Conceptual categories – Award of Excellence (1 per category) – WLA Award Trophy, Featured on WLA and published in the WLA Awards Magazine.
- Built and Conceptual categories – Merit Award (2 per category) -WLA Award Certificate, Featured on WLA and published in the WLA Awards Magazine.
- Student Award categories – Award of Excellence (1 per category) – WLA Award Trophy, Featured on WLA and in the WLA Awards Magazine. $250AUD Reward (paid by Paypal)
- Student Award – Merit Award (2 per category) – WLA Certificate, Featured on WLA and in the WLA Awards Magazine.
- Editor’s Award – WLA Award Trophy, Featured on WLA and in the WLA Awards Magazine.
- World Landscape Architecture Award – A Medal and Profile on WLA and $500AUD Reward (paid by Paypal)
All entrants are eligible to be published on the WLA website during 2020.
Entry Fee Deadline
Entry Fees must be purchased by
Friday, March 6 Extended to March 13 at 11:59pm London, UK
Entry Submission Deadline
Entry submissions must be submitted via email to [email protected] by:
Friday, March 13 at 11:59pm London, UK
Melbourne (Australia – Victoria) Saturday, 14 March 2020 at 10:59 am
Beijing, China Saturday, 14 March 2020 at 7:59 am
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Saturday, 14 March 2020 at 3:59 am
New York (USA – EDT) Friday, 13 March 2020 at 7:59 pm
Los Angeles (USA – PDT) Friday, 13 March 2020 at 4:59 pm
Send your questions to [email protected]