Back in November, a shortlist was announced for Russia Park and now the competition is complete with Cushman & Wakefield announced as the winners of competition to design the concept and financial model of “Russia” Theme Park.
The Jury and the Expert Council meeting of the International Contest for the concept and financial model of “Russia” Theme Park devoted to selection of the winner and other finalists was held on the 20th of December.
At the Jury meeting there were different views and approaches to the evaluation of the proposals. Some experts have focused on the elaboration of the architectural concept, others have stressed the financial model. However, all the experts unanimously agreed that contest proposals of the participants should be considered only in relation to the existing site, which became one of the main criteria for the evaluation of the materials in the Jury voting.
Voting results are as follows:
- Cushman & Wakefield (Russia) – 1st place, the winner;
- Hosper (Netherlands) – 2nd place, the finalist;
- Mosproject-5 (Russia) – 3rd place, the finalist;
- Citymakers (Russia) – 4th place, the finalist;
- BBDB (USA) – participant is disqualified by the decision of the Jury because their contest proposal did not conform to the provisions of the contest documentation.
The prize fund will be distributed between the winner and the finalists as follows:
- The winner (1st place) – 2 975 000 rubles;
- The finalist (2nd place) – 2 450 000 rubles;
- The finalist (3rd and 4th place) – 1 400 000 rubles.
The result of the contest is to create a final concept and financial model of the park on the basis of the contest proposals that should cover the general urban planning, master planning, landscape, architectural and economic solutions of the territory of the “Russia” Park on the basis of the contest proposals.
Single concept will be approved by the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of Moscow Region and serve as a basis for the development of project documentation of the “Russia” Park.
More information at Park Russia
IMAGE & TEXT CREDIT | © Государственное бюджетное учреждение Московской области “Дирекция парка “Россия”, 2013 год.