Following selection in the 2011 competition UNStudio’s World Horticultural Expo Theme Pavilion in Qingdao has been realised. The World Horticultural Expo 2014 takes place the Chinese city of Qingdao (from April to October 2014) and is expected to attract 15 million international visitors. The main theme of the expo is ‘From the Earth, For the Earth’ and aims to encourage the exchange of culture, technology and horticultural knowledge.
Continue reading Qingdao World Horticultural Expo Theme Pavilion | Qingdao China | UNStudio
Fen River is the mother river of Taiyuan City. It runs from north to south through the city and fosters the history, culture and development of the region. The project site is located at the joining point of old town and new urban area with a total of 2.57km2 (50 Hectares) riverfront landscape area. The project connects existing community on the east with Changfeng Business District, a new civic and business center west of Fen River. Being built in the spring of 2013, Fen River Park is now a popular public space and a new landmark of Taiyuan City.
Continue reading Taiyuan Fen River Waterfront Landscape Design | Tiayuan China | AECOM
The People’s Government of Bao’an District, Shenzhen and Urban Planning, Land and Resources Commission of Shenzhen Municipality have announced the shortlist for Conceptual Urban Design of Bao’an West Dynamic Coastal Zone Design Competition. The shortlist includes Chinese and International companies including consortiums. Over 70 applications were received from across the world and the applications were evaluated by 9 experts from Hong Kong, Shanghai, Xiamen, Guangzhou and Shenzhen.
The preliminary review meeting of the International Consultation on the Conceptual Urban Design of Bao’an West Dynamic Coastal Zone was held on May 12th, 2014. The election panel read the application documents and concept proposal, had discussions, carried out meticulous election and voted the following 8 finalists (including consortiums, in no particular order):
1. Aube Conception SARL d’Architecture France
2. The Urban Planning & Design Institute of Shenzhen (UPDIS) & HASSELL Design Consulting (Shanghai) Ltd & Shenzhen Graduate School, Harbin University of Technology
3. Shenzhen Lay-out Planning Consultants Ltd & KCAP International B.V.& Atelier Dreiseitl (BJ Branch)
4. Shenzhen General Institute of Architectural Design and Research Co., Ltd. & NAUTA Architecture & Research & Tenio Architecture And Engineering（Tianjin）Co.,Ltd.
5. The Architectural Design Research Institute of SCUT & Obermeyer Engineering Consulting (Beijing) Co.,Ltd.
6. China Academy of Urban Planning & Design (CAUPD) & SWA Group
7. ISA-Internationales Stadtbauatelier
8. Kuiper Compagnons
The organisers have issued an invitation to the shortlisted 8 firms. A Site Visit, question and answer sessions and also the release related consultation documents on May 22nd, 2014.
China’s first low energy glasshouse opens on 28 April 2014. It is the main Plant Pavilion for the 2014 International Horticultural Exhibition in Qingdao and 15 million visitors are expected over a six month period. With a floor area of 12,800 square meters, it will be the largest public display glasshouse in Asia.
Continue reading Plant Pavilion | Qingdao China | Weddle Landscape Design