The National Capital Commission is pleased to announce the finalists in the international design competition for the redevelopment of Nepean Point, an historic and picturesque public space, and one of the Capital’s most iconic and spectacular lookouts.
The finalists are as follows:
- Ryan (PUBLIC WORK, KPMB Architects, Blackwell)
- Rosenberg (Janet Rosenberg & Studio, Patkau Architects, Blackwell, ERA Architects)
- Asselin (WAA Landscape Architecture, Tectoo Architecture, Milan Ingegneria)
- Geuze (West 8, Barry Padolsky Ass., Fotenn)
A jury of five experts reviewed 26 submissions and selected the finalists on the basis of their qualifications and previous work. Each team will now prepare a proposal that includes the following:
- an overall design concept
- a development plan for the entire site
- a detailed design for Nepean Point
- a design of a pedestrian bridge linking Major’s Hill Park and Nepean Point
- a gathering place for events and programming
- various other facilities
The deadline for the submission of final proposals is September 20, 2017.
The NCC will host a public exhibition and open house of the finalists’ designs on October 5, 2017. The goal is to announce a winning design team in November 2017, as part of Canada’s 150th anniversary celebrations. The first phase of construction is planned for 2019-2020.
Image Credit | Courtesy of National Capital Commission