We are seeking Senior to Senior Associate level Landscape Architects, Urban Designers or Architects to join our Melbourne team.
ASPECT Studios ventured into city shaping, sustainable, public, and active transport projects a number of years go. The Caulfield to Dandenong Level Crossing Removal Project was one of the first in Australia to deliver significant local community benefits.
ASPECT Studios now has a strong pipeline of projects that have been carefully selected with sustainability and community benefit in mind. We are committed to providing our clients and the community with the best in creative design for landscape architecture, urban design and wayfinding. ASPECT believe in the power of design to positively change people’s behaviours and lives, the environment, and our planet.
We are continuing our commitment to long-term sustainable change in Melbourne’s public realm and integrated transport systems, and are looking for like-minded people to join our team.
- Senior Designer
- Associate/Senior Associate
We are also seeking general expressions of interest from Project Managers, Engineers, Architects with a keen interest in transport-related, city shaping projects.
You may not have all the experience listed below, but if you are passionate about delivering meaningful community spaces and want to be a part of a dynamic team of purpose-driven people, we would love to hear from you.
With at least 5+ years of experience, you will have recent exposure to leading a project team and ideally experience working on large-scale and/or infrastructure projects. You will have good insights into infrastructure design and project management processes (including alliances) and a keen interest in public and active transport projects. Both Revit and 3D BIM software capability will be important.
Required experience includes:
- Providing design excellence and project management to complex multi-disciplinary projects,
- Demonstrated expertise in design and documentation at all stages, from concept through construction,
- Demonstrated proficiency in the various 2D and 3D computer-based programs including VectorWorks, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketchup or Rhino,
- Assisting Directors and Associates in implementing and managing protocols and systems,
- High levels of commercial awareness including contractual responsibilities and knowledge of Australian building and planning regulations,
- Confidence presenting in a variety of formal and informal settings, and
- Managing client relationships on the behalf of the Studio.
Our workplace culture is extremely supportive, creative and driven, so you can rest assured that your workmates will have your back and will help you to succeed in the role. We embrace diversity, foster professional development, and will provide you with the tools and environment you need to thrive.
Some of the benefits you’ll enjoy as an ASPECT staff member include:
- Additional two weeks of annual leave through our Purchased Leave Initiative,
- Access to generous company paid Parental Leave benefits after 6 months,
- MAPS Days – four paid days a year to grow your skills and knowledge,
- Professional membership support following probation – reimbursement of fees for industry memberships,
- Pet friendly studios.
Head to our website to view a full list of employee benefits: www.aspect-studios.com/au/careers/australia
How to apply
Please submit your cover letter, resume and any work examples to [email protected].
If you have questions or would like to speak to the studio further about these roles, please email Amy McArthur, Senior Studio Manager [email protected]
Only applications from Australian Citizens, permanent residents or long-term visa holders are eligible for appointment.
Applications or enquiries from recruitment agencies will not be considered.