We are a London and Singapore based landscape architecture and urban design practice. Our London studio is growing and looking to fill two Senior Landscape Architect roles.
Located near the Barbican, our work is global and varies in scale and context. Everything we do is driven by our aspiration to use good design to balance the needs of people with those of the planet. We work in a very collaborative environment and are very intent on ensuring our work is people-centric, functional, connected and achieves key sustainable principles in its resolution.
We are a collective of landscape architects, architects and urban designers who put people at the heart of our work. We are a diverse and collaborative group that draws from a varied background of skills and places of work. We apply global experiences and expertise at a local level, tailoring designs to specific and contextual conditions and cultural requirements.
About The Role
As a Senior Landscape Architect you will be responsible for managing mid-scale, or aspects of large-scale landscape projects in the UK and internationally, across multiple sectors, and through all aspects of design and development.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Agile working with the option of three days in the studio and two working from home
- A fun, inclusive and collaborative studio environment with an active calendar of social activities
- 22 days annual leave with the option to buy more
- A range of benefits, including private medical/life insurance and pension
- Deliver high-quality design and/or technical work, engaging others with their creative and innovative thinking.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of the design process and project brief, coordinating the preparation of the project deliverables and other activities related to the project development.
- Take responsibility for quality control and supervision of project deliverables.
- Coordinate and integrate the work of external contractors, suppliers and professionals.
- Role model Uncommon Land’s values and contribute towards a collaborative environment in which innovation is encouraged and best practice shared.
- Build a network across the business and seeks leadership opportunities by directing and supporting junior team members.
- Develop effective relationships with clients and consultants.
- Support senior colleagues with client presentations, making a positive contribution towards project meetings and client engagements.
- Take responsibility for aspects of the project budget, and liaise with stakeholders to ensure delivery.
- Seek to develop a working understanding of cost control, fee charging and project finance, and consider how project fees are maximised without threat to client relationship and repeat work.
- You are a talented designer, with a portfolio that showcases great creativity and innovative thinking.
- You have experience of successfully delivering large scale projects through all work stages, both in the UK and internationally.
- With strong organisational and supervisory skills, you have a proven ability to manage projects and people to deliver great results.
- A strong communicator, you are able to effectively engage internal and external stakeholders.
- You are proficient in computer applications commonly used within your discipline – 3D modelling and Revit is highly desirable/essential.
- You are degree qualified in related design field or hold equivalent certification; professional registration is preferred.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and work examples in English in strict confidence via the URL below;
Alternatively information on Uncommon Land and an application portal in our Join Us page can be found on our website.
Our organisation provides allowances for UK visas. International applications are welcome.