We are a 75-year-old global multi-disciplinary design firm with studios in EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) and APAC (Asia & Pacific). Globally, our landscape architecture group is growing to 40+ designers, with the London studio comprising 25 landscape architects and urban designers.
Our London studio is looking to fill a Senior Associate Director role who will help lead the team in projects and be involved in business development.
Our landscape architecture team previously used to trade under the name of Uncommon Land. Uncommon Land has always been a trading name of Benoy, and we are rebranding it to become Benoy Landscape Architecture. This is to simplify our group brand structure, so all design teams are associated with Benoy.
Information about our projects, the team, etc can be found via the Uncommon Land website;
Our work is global and varies in scale and context. Everything we do is driven by our aspiration to use good design to balance the needs of people with those of the planet. We work in a very collaborative environment and are very intent on ensuring our work is people-centric, functional, connected and achieves key sustainable principles in its resolution.
We are a collective of landscape architects, architects and urban designers who put people at the heart of our work. We are a diverse and collaborative group that draws from a varied background of skills and places of work. We apply global experiences and expertise at a local level, tailoring designs to specific and contextual conditions and cultural requirements.
About the Role
The Senior Associate Director leads and inspires multiple teams to ensure that innovative and thought provoking projects achieve high quality design standards and are delivered on time and on budget. They operate autonomously, requiring only minimal supervision from the Director and are responsible for supporting junior colleagues to achieve their full potential. Not only do they support the delivery of corporate level business development strategies, but they are individually responsible for the development of leads and generation of new business across existing and future sectors and markets.
- Holds accountability for the successful delivery of multiple projects that meet high quality standards.
- May act as an established expert, or demonstrate increasing specialization in a particular design and/or technical area.
- Ensures oversight of the entire project process, maintaining involvement throughout.
- Proactively manages existing client relationships and ensures that opportunities for repeat work are maximised.
- Role models Benoy’s values and fosters a collaborative environment in which innovation is encouraged and best practice shared.
- Works with HR business partners to build and foster strong teams, leading, guiding and providing training to juniors to support their professional and creative development.
- Initiates studio or group activities, leads brainstorming sessions and manages conflicts effectively.
- Operates as the primary point of contact for clients, making significant contributions during client meetings and presentations.
- Works with PR, MarComms and BD teams to develop new business, enhancing internal and external communication via functions, events, forums and publications.
- Leads the preparation of fee bids, and undertakes fee proposals and fee negotiations for projects.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of cost control, fee charging and project finance, and ensures project fees are maximised without threat to client relationship and repeat work.
Skills & Experience Required
- Has experience of successfully leading and managing teams across multiple large scale projects.
- Has a proactive approach to client management, with a proven track record of engaging potential clients and partners, and winning new work.
- Commercially astute, demonstrated through effective decision making, project resourcing and winning of profitable work.
- Strong organisational and people management skills, encouraging collaboration and innovation within their teams to maximise performance.
- Possesses proficiency with computer applications commonly used within the individual’s discipline.
- Degree in related design field or equivalent certification or skill level.
- CMLI or Professional registration equivalent preferred.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and work examples in English in strict confidence via the URL below;
Our organisation provides allowances for UK visas. International applications are welcome.