Location: Austin, TX (remote options available)
dwg. is looking for landscape and urban designers to join our collaborative design creatives. As a member of a team, designers work with our project managers to ensure all project design goals are met, timelines held, and documentation is accurate and complete.
Recognizing the potential for urban architectural landscapes to encourage social and environmental change, dwg. was established in 2010 to create forward-thinking design solutions that promote healthier and more resilient communities. Our firm is passionate about urbanism, targeting our efforts at projects within high-growth urban areas,including on-grade and on-structure landscape design, adaptive reuse, green infrastructure, public art installations, and urban design.
We value people who are organized, detail-oriented, decisive, have a strong worth ethic, are accountable, timely, communicative and believe in a “yes, and” philosophy. We encourage a healthy balance between professional and personal life, and seek team members that enrich our culture.
Candidates must be skilled at verbal, visual/non-verbal, interpersonal and written communication. In addition to communication skills, we are seeking the following skill sets:
- Demonstrated design process experience and proficiency required (university or professional examples)
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the documentation process of a construction drawing set
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of public and private projects
- Local permitting knowledge is a plus
- Bidding and contract management experience is a plus
Computer proficiency is important, knowledge of key programs:
- Google Suite
- Basecamp or other collaborative software
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator)
- Pencil, paper, glue (options are endless)
- A love of Star Wars and/or David Hasselhoff desired
For more information and to see our awesome work, visit www.studiodwg.com
To apply, submit a .pdf resume and portfolio to [email protected]