MASS seeks to create innovative design approaches that improve people’s lives in measurable ways. We create environments that promote health and dignity. Throughout the construction process, we collaborate with the communities our work will serve, approaching every project as a chance to invest in their future. We have designed projects in over a dozen countries in Africa and the Americas with a portfolio of services that spans architectural design, master planning, landscape architecture, engineering, strategic planning, communications and film. Current cross-disciplinary projects for engagement include projects in conservation, education, healthcare and urban design.
Our projects seek to support equitable and climate positive transformation of the built environment. Landscape architecture as a discipline has the potential to bridge between project and system scales, ranging from catalytic site-scaled design to city or landscape-scale visioning and planning. We are looking for talented designers with imagination and a sense of purpose for what is still a nascent profession in many geographies. The challenges and possibilities for our practice are immense and we are looking for colleagues who will respect and inspire their peers to make change together.
We are seeking talented Landscape Designers/Landscape Architects at all experience levels to join our team in Kigali, Rwanda. Specific skills and responsibilities will vary based on experience and full job descriptions are available on our website: https://massdesigngroup.org/contact/jobs
Desired skills include but are not limited to…
- A professional landscape degree- either a master’s or 5 year professional degree
- 2-10 years of experience working in landscape architecture, architecture or related design field.
- Demonstrated skill in concept-driven form generation and representation
- Understanding of landscape construction materials and processes.
- A commitment to applying the MASS methodology and enforcing high project standards while maintaining flexibility and humility toward the clients and communities we serve
- proficiency in Adobe Suite, Revit, AutoCad and Rhino. Lumion is a plus.
Specialized study or interest in focusing on one or more of the following practice focus areas:
- Ecology and landscape restoration
- Community engagement
- Low-carbon construction
- Green infrastructure
Please submit an application through our website application portal https://massdesigngroup.org/contact/jobs