ASPECT Studios is a purpose orientated, design led landscape architecture and urban design practice. With operations across Australia, Asia and the Middle East, our studios believe in the power of design to positively change people’s behaviour and lives, the environment and the planet.
Our Dubai studio is located in Souk Al Bahar Downtown, within walking distance from the Dubai Mall and the Metro. The studio is a wonderfully bright and airy workspace with a growing family of resident plants. It’s a relaxed, easy-going atmosphere with a young group of collaborative designers. The flexible work environment allows us to work where we feel we are most productive and comfortable. You’ll often find us in the shared space having discussions over a coffee about design ideas or strategizing on how to tackle the next project.
We are seeking a motivated, innovative Landscape Architect with strong BIM capabilities to work on our career-defining projects in the MENA region. Based in the Dubai Studio in a permanent full-time capacity, we are seeking an experienced practitioner who can hit the ground running and contribute specialist skills to a growing team.
Our ideal candidates will be design-focused, degree qualified and seeking sustained career growth. Experience designing and implementing projects in fast-paced regional environments is a must, as well as the ability to coordinate multiple, complex projects. You will always deliver projects to the highest standard, whilst actively engaging with and contributing to a collaborative and team-based Studio culture. For the successful candidate, this is a fantastic opportunity to work on exciting projects and become a key member of the recently formed ASPECT Studios Dubai branch.
Key requirements include:
- At least 5+ years post-graduate industry experience in design, design development, project delivery,
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in the Middle East,
- Excellent concept design skills and the ability to communicate using sketches, diagrams and/or 3D modelling,
- A broad knowledge of materials, design detailing and horticulture,
- Demonstrated skills in strategic thinking, analysis and coordination in integrated design projects,
- Evidence of strong organisational skills and ability to work efficiently to meet tight deadlines,
- A vibrant personality and positive attitude, and
- Strong initiative and ability to work remotely from the core team.
Preferred BIM capabilities:
- Demonstrated experience leading, designing and detailing landscape projects in a BIM (Revit/Civil 3D/Navisworks) and 2D CAD environment,
- Ability to add input into the landscape section of BIM Execution Plans (BEP),
- Exceptional 3D modelling ability (Rhino/Grasshopper/Sketchup/Lumion/NScape),
- Brilliant graphic ability (Hand drawing/Photoshop), and
- Ability to work with the other Adobe CC suite products (InDesign, Illustrator).
Candidates with Arabic language proficiency will be highly regarded.
We welcome international applications, however the successful candidate will be required to live and work in Dubai.
Our staff are creative and driven, so you can rest assured that your workmates will have your back and help you to succeed. We are a business that is extremely supportive of professional development that will facilitate individuals to reach their potential. Our Global Training Strategy includes a regular calendar of internal and external training throughout the year with dedicated Training Advocates in each studio location.
- Fantastic company culture and work environment.
- Free and confidential Employee Assistance Program and trained Mental Health First Aiders.
- A workplace supportive of professional development that will facilitate individuals to reach their potential.
- Attractive tax-free salary and benefits.
- Flight allowance and health insurance as per UAE employment law.
- MAPS Days – four paid days a year to grow your skills and knowledge.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and work examples in strict confidence to [email protected]