With the January 26 deadline looming for firms to register their interest in the international design competition and 90 firms already registering interest, the CityArchRiver 2015 Foundation announced the members of the competition jury. The jury consisting of landscape architects, architects, urban designers, critics, curators and a former Deputy Director of the National Park Service coming from across the USA.
· Gerald Early, Merle Kling Professor of Modern Letters and Director of the African and Afro-American Studies at Washington University in St. Louis
· Denis P. Galvin, former Deputy Director of the National Park Service
· Alex Krieger, founding principal of Chan Krieger Sieniewicz, architecture and urban design firm and professor at the Harvard School of Design, Cambridge, Mass.
· David C. Leland, an urban strategist and managing director of the Leland Consulting Group, Portland, Ore.
· Cara McCarty, curator of the Smithsonian’s Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum, New York City
· Laurie D. Olin, partner and landscape architect of the OLIN Studio, Philadelphia
· Carol Ross Barney, founder and Principal of Ross Barney Architects, Chicago
The winning design will be announced in October 2010, with the resulting work completed by October 28, 2015 – the 50th anniversary of the completion of the Arch.
Firms have until Jan. 26, 2010 to register for the competition and submit for Stage I of the competition. The jury will then select those firms with the most outstanding portfolios to continue in the competition.
Additional information can be found at www.cityarchrivercompetition.org.