With us, you will be part of an interdisciplinary design studio that works on projects ranging from design of small-scale urban spaces to large-scale master planning, both in Scandinavia and internationally. The typical tasks will be biodiversity baseline surveys, informing habitat design according to biodiversity net gain strategies, participating in interdisciplinary workshops, detailed design guidelines for biodiversity, handling protected species and protected nature, management and maintenance plans etc.
On a daily basis, you will be part of our interdisciplinary group of biologists, anthropologists, lighting designer and landscape architects.
We hope you have some of the following qualifications and/or interests, and will make sure that we learn together as we move along:
- Education as a biologist, ecologist, nature management or the like with solid knowledge of ecosystems at different scales
- Experience with biological fieldwork, species surveys, and data analysis
- Experience with GIS
- A holistic view of nature and willingness to work creatively and open-minded with other disciplines
- An ability to work independently, with a curious mindset, and an outgoing personality
- Good at communicating knowledge to peers, colleagues, and clients, both written and orally
- Fluency in English. Danish and other language skills are not mandatory but an advantage
If this speaks to you, please send us your application. We will hold interviews on an ongoing basis and are looking to employ the right candidates as soon as possible. Please send your application and CV to [email protected] marked ‘Biologist’. Questions can be addressed to Kristine Kjørup Rasmussen at [email protected] marked ‘Biologist – Question’.
We look forward to hearing from you.
SLA is an internationally renowned nature-based design studio, working with landscape architecture, sustainable urban design, and city planning. We use nature to solve some of today’s biggest, urban challenges with the goal of creating climate-adapted, sensuous, and healthy places for all life. SLA designs cities, public space, and nature on all scales: From parks and plazas to city-wide masterplans and national biodiversity strategies.
Founded in Copenhagen, SLA has for thirty years designed some of the most notable public spaces and masterplans in the world. Today, SLA employs 130 people in offices in Copenhagen, Aarhus, and Oslo and has ongoing projects in Europe, North America, Asia, and the Middle East.
Learn about SLA here: www.sla.dk