ASPECT Studios is an award-winning urban design and landscape architecture practice. We are a community of designers, landscape architects and urbanists connected by our purpose – to deliver projects which challenge and delight whilst enhancing the lives of people and natural systems in an enduring way.
Our team believes in the importance of creating a studio environment where openness to new ideas and collaboration sits in partnership with deep knowledge and expertise. Our Sydney Studio is seeking like-minded individuals who can complement and expand our aspirations.
Our Integrated Transport Team is leading the design of public spaces surrounding new urban transport systems across Sydney. We design places and systems that resolve complex issues confronting our built and natural environments. Through design, we’re able to advocate for sustainable transport solutions which provide equitable access to our cities, places and nature.
We currently have an exciting pipeline of transport projects including infrastructure such as metro and light rail, as well as street design and walking and cycling initiatives.
We’re looking for a number of Landscape Architects, Urban Designers, and Architects to join our team and support the delivery of these critical projects.
Successful candidates will join ASPECT with a collaborative outlook and a passion for innovative design. You’ll be hard-working, solutions-focussed and able to work with people across numerous disciplines. For mid-career candidates, this is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to meaningful, exciting transport projects, whilst accessing industry-leading mentors. For experienceddesigners, you will play an influential role in the management and delivery of projects, as well as supporting and growing the capabilities of your team.
We’re looking for applicants with:
- Ability to lead and manage concept design, design development, project delivery and client liaison;
- A keen interest in public and active transport projects, research, and advocacy;
- Documentation experience in CAD e.g., Vectorworks (preferred) or AutoCAD;
- 3D software knowledge is highly desirable including Revit (preferred), Sketch-up, or Rhino;
- Demonstrated strength in design and communication; and
- Knowledge of local design issues e.g. strategic and transport planning (desirable).
Experience working on large integrated transport systems and related public realm projects will be highly regarded.
ASPECT Studios Benefits
Additional benefits you will enjoy as an ASPECT Studios employee include:
- Additional two weeks of annual leave through our Purchased Leave Initiative,
- Access to generous company paid Parental Leave benefits available after 6 months,
- MAPS Days – four paid days a year to grow your skills and knowledge,
- Professional membership support following probation – reimbursement of fees for design and non-design industry memberships,
- Free and confidential Employee Assistance Program and trained Mental Health First Aiders,
- A workplace supportive of professional development that will facilitate individuals to reach their potential,
- Fantastic company culture and work environment,
- A busy calendar of studio social events including Friday afternoon activities and drinks,
- Pet friendly studios.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and portfolio in strict confidence to [email protected].
For further inquiries please contact Jason Packenham, Integrated Transport Lead, via email [email protected].
Only applications from Australian Citizens, permanent residents or long-term visa holders are eligible for appointment.