We call for nominations for jurors to participate in the jury for the 2020 WLA Awards. The WLA Awards seeks to honour landscape architects around the world for their outstanding work and promote the profession. The Awards endeavour to recognise innovative work (conceptual and built) by landscape architects from across the world. World Landscape Architecture seeks to provide the opportunity for landscape architects from all countries to be recognised on the world stage by their profession.
We are looking for Jurors from across the world with a passion for landscape architecture and should have the following skills:
- A long-standing and experienced landscape architect who has a minimum of 10 years of experience or a professor at a University with a recognised landscape architecture program.
- Preferably a member of a landscape architecture organisation (AILA, ASLA, CSLA, HKILA, IFLA, ILASA, LI, NZILA, MLAA, SILA, and other landscape architecture organisations)
- Previous design award jury experience
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
Conditions of Jury Membership
- Sign a Jury Declaration stating that you will honour and abide by the WLA Awards rules.
- Committing to judging three (3) rounds including shortlisting entries, scoring the shortlist and a teleconference review to decide the final winners. These judging rounds will occur in March and April. The time commitment is 10-15 hours (the majority is independent reviews/scoring in your own time)
- Abstain from entering the WLA Awards (you, your employees, your company or any associated companies)
- Recluse yourself from judging any entry that you may be associated with directly or indirectly through collaboration, companies, teaching or other activities.
- Maintain confidentiality of the judging process and scoring including not disclosing any information publicly.
- Informing WLA if you are contacted directly or indirectly by any entrants (via email, phone, verbally or any other forms of communication)
- Not contact any entrants
- Jurors are appointed for one (1) WLA Awards.
WLA Jurors volunteer their experience and time and shall not receive payment for participating in the jury. They will receive a hard copy of WLA Awards, Participation Certificate and the option of a profile on the WLA website.
Nominations need to include the following information:
- Location (city, country)
- Email Address
- Current Position
- Qualifications (major and/or most recent) – maximum 1 A4/Letter page at 10pt Arial
- Past Experience (professional and/or academic) – maximum 2 A4/Letter page at 10pt Arial
- Any past judging experience – maximum 1 A4/Letter page at 10pt Arial
- A Statement that you understand the conditions of the jury membership. (I, Your name understand the conditions of the jury membership. Date and Signature)
Please email the nominations to [email protected]
Nominations are due by the Friday, 5 October 2019 by 11:59 GMT (London Time).