dwg. is looking for a BIM Manager to join our collaborative design creatives. The BIM Manager works with project managers to oversee and implement the production of information models and 3D visualizations that bring together data, drawings and schedules associated with design and construction while ensuring project goals are met, timelines held, and documentation is accurate and complete.
Other responsibilities include assisting in the development and management of the BIM standards and templates for internal training, set up and audit of projects, managing and maintaining the Revit family libraries, Vectorworks catalogs, and providing technical orientation to staff regarding BIM application tools and processes.
The BIM Manager is also expected to maintain knowledge and involvement in current industry-wide BIM solutions and trends to suggest and introduce new software processes for service delivery.
Recognizing the potential for urban architectural landscapes to encourage social and environmental change, dwg. was established in 2010 to create forward-thinking design solutions that promote healthier and more resilient communities. Our firm is passionate about urbanism, targeting our efforts at projects within high-growth urban areas, including on-grade and on-structure landscape design, adaptive reuse, green infrastructure, public art installations, and urban design.
We value people who are organized, detail-oriented, decisive, have a strong worth ethic, are accountable, timely, communicative and believe in a “yes, and” philosophy. We encourage a healthy balance between professional and personal life, and seek team members that enrich our culture.
Candidates must be skilled at verbal, visual/non-verbal, interpersonal and written communication. In addition to communication skills, we are seeking the following skill sets:
Computer proficiency is important, knowledge of key programs:
- Autodesk Revit and/or Vectorworks Landmark
- Autodesk BIM 360
- Autodesk AutoCAD
Knowledge of preferred programs:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- BSD Speclink Cloud
Other skill requirements
- Understanding of BIM workflows as a communication tool both between those working in a model, and the recipients of the output of that model.
- Understand that there will be different work practices for individual projects based on the complexity of the project and the ability of staff working on it.
- Maintain skills and intimate knowledge of how the office operates by actively engaging in projects.
- Possess proven communication and excellent user interaction skills.
- Ability to assess team requests against the real-world outcome they are trying to achieve; offer solutions that are workflow and work method based, not just technical solutions.
- Ascertain the return on investment of a given request and, if appropriate, suggest alternatives that achieve the same outcome more efficiently.
- Demonstrated design process experience and ability to contribute to the documentation process of a construction drawing set (university or professional examples).
- Proven ability to coordinate landscape architectural BIM models with other disciplines for integration into a federated model (Architect; MEP, Structural, and Civil engineers; Contractors, etc.)
- A love of Star Wars and/or David Hasselhoff desired.
For more information and to see our awesome work, visit www.studiodwg.com
To apply submit a your a .pdf copy of your resume and portfolio to [email protected]