We have just published WLA 13 – SMALL – the latest edition of WLA magazine and now we are putting out the Call for Submissions for WLA 14. The theme for WLA 14 is Temporary/Transitory – we are looking for temporary landscapes or landscapes that have transitioned from degraded to rehabilitate. Projects can include art installations, pop-ups/events (parklets, festivals, art shows) sales houses, display gardens (expos, shows), emergency landscapes (temporary housing, hospitals, aid etc), Construction – project management. Re-vegetation/Rehabilitation – mining, erosion control, wetlands, etc. Any conceptualized or realized project that fits within the theme. Projects should be from 2010-2014 with preference to projects from 2013-2014.
How to submit your project?
1. Select your 5 to 10 best images with a minimum 1000 pixels wide at 150dpi in jpg format. – images of competition boards, watermarked images, etc will not be accepted.
2. Write 500-1000 words English descriptive text about the project in word format or emails (no pdfs allowed).
3. List the project name, location, design firm, consultants(architects, artists, engineers, constractors, etc) and the credits for images and text.
4. Include a note stating that you or the company ”own the copyright to the project, images and text and give World Landscape Architecture the right to publish the work digitally and/or in hard copy format.”
5. Email the files and text to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “WLA14– Project Title– Designer” (replace Project Title with your project’s title and Designer with your design firm name)
make sure the file also is named “WLA14– Project Title – Designer”
Please send any files larger that 10Mb via wetransfer.com or yousendit.com – NOTE: We will not download or accept any file or submission over 50Mb.
By sending or sharing files with World Landscape Architecture you confirm you own the copyright to the project, images and text and give World Landscape Architecture the right to publish the work digitally and/or in hard copy format.
1. Who can submit a project?
Design Companies, Students, Designers, Academics, Government Departments or Authorities, Marketing and Public Relations Agencies.
2. What projects can be submitted?
Conceptual or built projects can be gardens, residential , commercial, urban design, master plans, competition entries, student studio designs, art, pop-up, installations and all other types and scale of project. If you are unsure you can send us one image and a short description and we will advise whether we would publish the project.
3. What format should the images be in?
We prefer the images to be in JPG or TIF at a minimum 800 pixels wide at 150 dpi. We accept images of higher resolution.
4. How will I know if my project has been received and will you contact us if we are selected to be published?
We will notify by email that we have received your submission. We only notify those who are successful.
5. What is the fee for submission?
Publiction of Projects is FREE. We do not charge fees to submit or publish projects
If you have any questions about submitting a project please send emails to email@example.com
All the material you submit should be copyright of the representative company or person. Please DO NOT submit any text or images if you do not have the rights for publication.
When you submit the material you agree to licence World Landscape Architecture the rights to publish the materials on worldlandscapearchitect.com
DEADLINE | May 31st, 2014 11:59PM Honolulu Time
Please get submissions in as early as possible. Multiple entries are acceptable however only one project will be selected.