UPDATE | We have extended the deadline for WLA 12 submissions to January 10 to give you more time after the busy Christmas period to put together your submissions.
We look forward to seeing submissions in the New Year.
World Landscape Architecture calls for submissions for the 12th edition of WLA landscape architecture magazine. We are looking for great conceptual and built projects from design studios, firms, freelancers, students from across the world that were designed or realised in 2013. Projects can be landscape, urban design, lighting, art installation (a landscape architect/ landscape designer must have been involved with the project). We encourage all firms to submit projects of any scale, nothing is too small or too big and showcases the diversity of work of the landscape profession.
We look forward to seeing your beautiful and diverse projects.
How to submit your project?
1. Select your 5 to 10 best images with a minimum 800 pixels wide at 150dpi in jpg format. (Images should be attached or included in one zip or rar file – do NOT paste images in the email)
2. Write 500-1000 words English descriptive text (Including 100-300 word design statement by the designer/team) about the project in word format or emails (no pdfs allowed).
3. List the project name, location, design firm, consultants(architects, artists, engineers, constractors, etc) and the credits for images and text.
4. Include a note stating that you or the company ”own the copyright to the project, images and text and give World Landscape Architecture the right to publish the work digitally and/or in hard copy format.”
5. Email the files and text to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “WLA12 – Project Title – Designer” – replace Project Title with name of your project, Designer with the name or your name or firm name
Please send any files larger that 10mb via wetransfer.com or yousendit.com
DEADLINE | December 31st 11:59PM Honolulu TimeJANUARY 10 11:59PM Honolulu Time
WLA 11 is the latest edition of WLA Magazine with projects from across the world for $3.99USD. WLA 11 magazine includes 19 projects contributed by LDA Design, OKRA, Mathews Nielsen, Carve, BUUR & Latz+Partners, AECOM, Atlas Lab & Scott Allen, Mandaworks, ASPECT Studios, DWG. Urban Landscape Architects and many others. This edition includes conceptual and built projects from students and various small landscape design and multi-discipline firms. WLA 11 features high quality projects from the USA, China, South Africa, Australia, Netherlands, UK, Portugal, Canada, Greece, Sweden and Zimbabwe.
WLA 10 is the latest edition of WLA bi-monthly landscape architecture magazine with projects from Russia, Australia, USA, Montenegro, Germany, Vietnam, South Africa showcasing a wide range of projects. The scale and depth of the designs published in this 10 edition gives a great insight into the landscape architecture profession for professionals, students and the public. Projects vary from the conceptual to the built, from the natural to the highly constructed landscape.
WLA 10 includes 20 different projects from various firms including Michael Van Valkenburgh Associates, LDA Design, HASSELL, Taylor Cullity Lethlean, OLIN, Andrea Cochran Landscape Architecture, mikyoung kim design, Gravity Green, EDSA, Groundswell Design and many others.
The 09 edition is 80 pages filled with a variety of a projects from World Landscape Architecture published in June and July. In this edition we have 21 projects including projects from Thomas Heatherwick, MVRDV, OMA, DE URBANISTEN, 1:1 Landskab, Grant Associates, ASPECT Studios, AWP, SWA Group, Christopher Counts Studio, McGregor+Coxall and many more.
Working in China: A Chat with Barry | Archinect
A chat with Barry Witherspoon, a landscape architect and contributing author at Archinect. Barry has been living and working as an architect in China and talks about his experiences. (version previously appeared in Landscape Architecture Magazine.
Building 877, the Island’s largest non-historic building, was imploded at 7:36 AM on Sunday, June 9. The implosion of Building 877, the tallest non-historic building on Governors Island will open up extraordinary views of the Statue of Liberty. (Watch Video from 22:20)
WLA Landscape Architecture Magazine is about to undergo a reformat and relaunch for edition 09. WLA will include selected projects that have been published on World Landscape Architecture with added images, information and background to each project. WLA will also include more reviews and interviews for readers. WLA 09 will have an improved format that will be easier to read and navigate.
We are looking for great conceptual and built projects from design studios, firms, freelancers, students from across the world. Submissions would preferably be designed or completed in the last 12 months. Its easy to submit a project and we look forward to seeing some interesting and diverse work.
How to submit your project?
1. Select your 5 to 10 best images with a minimum 800 pixels wide at 75 dpi in jpg format.
2. Write 500-750 words about the project.
3. List the project name, location, design firm, year and credits for the images and text.
4. Include a note stating that you or the company “own the copyright to the project, images and text and give World Landscape Architecture the right to publish the work digitally and/or in hard copy format.”
The 08 edition of WLA landscape architecture magazine has been published with projects from Active City Transformation, OKRA, SWA Group, Karres En Brands, Thorbjörn Andersson With Sweco Architects, , Groupe IBI-Chba,, Lees+Associates, and the Transiting Cities Competition