Pink Punch | Nicholas Croft & Michaela MacLeod, USA | Image Credit Louise Tanguay
Recently, the 15th edition of the International Garden Festival opened presenting 22 contemporary gardens at Les Jardins de Métis / Reford Gardens. Imagined by sixty-five designers from Seoul, Santiago de Compostela, New York, Philadelphia, Basel, Amsterdam, Paris and Montreal, these installations invite visitors to enter and contemplate new ways of seeing the landscape and the world.
Continue reading The 15th International Garden Festival | Grand-Métis, Canada
Image | Atelier Barda
Sacré potager continues its road trip before coming back to the International Garden Festival at the Reford Gardens for the summer. After a stop at Canada Blooms in Toronto in March, a pared down version of Sacré Potager will be presented at Casa d’Italia for the 2nd edition of D!SEGNO – lifestyle, fashion and design in Little Italy in Montreal. This event, focused on the creativity and the know-how that connects this unique district of Montreal to Italy, will be held from May 2 to May 11. Sacré potager, created by atelier barda_architecture was one of the most popular gardens of the 2013 edition of the Festival. This conceptual garden is a homage to forgotten vegetables and a plea for their return to our tables and grocery shelves.
Continue reading Sacré Potager | Reford Gardens / Jardins de Métis | atelier barda_architecture
The International Garden Festival has recently announced the designers selected by the jury for the 15th edition of the Festival. The competition attracted 293 proposals for contemporary gardens submitted from 35 countries. The world renown festival has gardens previously designed by Ken Smith, ATLAS & Forbes Lipschitz, NIPpaysage, Snøhetta, Legge-Lewis-Legge, Michael Van Valkenburgh and many others. This year the new gardens include:
- Afterburn by Montréal-bred and Brooklyn-based architects Ksenia Kagner and Nicko Elliott of Civilian Projects
- Cone Garden by architect and landscape architect Seungjong Yoo, media artist Byoungjoon Kwon, botanist Hyeryoung Cho and landscape designers Yongchul Cho, Iltae Jeong, Jinhwan Kim and Soojung Yoon [LIVESCAPE], Seoul, South Korea
- Line Garden by Canadian artist/designers Coryn Kempster and Julia Jamrozik based in Basel, Switzerland
- Méristème by Montréal collective Châssi, formed by designers Caroline Magar, Marie-Josée Gagnon and François Leblanc
- Orange Secret by landscape architect and urban designer William E. Roberts and agricultural engineer and landscape architect Laura Santin from Nomad Studio, based in New York, USA
- Rotunda by architects Aurora Armental Ruiz and Stefano Ciurlo Walker from CITYLABORATORY, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Continue reading Designers announced for 15th International Garden Festival