HASSELL, in collaboration with We Made That, has been appointed by London Borough of Croydon to deliver an important public realm project as part of the Connected Croydon programme. Supported by Engineers Buro Happold and graphic designers, Objectif, the team will deliver the South End Public Realm, part of a coordinated set of projects to enhance Croydon’s high streets.
The £2.8m South End scheme will transform the streetscape of a key gateway into central Croydon – and the heart of the Borough’s restaurant district – to create a coherent, high
quality and welcoming place. Works are expected to start on site in early 2014 following extensive engagement and consultation with stakeholders and community groups.
Continue reading HASSELL to design high street public realm proposals for Croydon Council
Back in August we put the notice out for the International Search for Barangaroo Central Master Planning Team. After a review of all submissions the Authority’s Recommendation Panel has shortlisted 5 teams to deliver presentations and participate in interviews, prior to the final selection being made in December 2012.
Teams selected for further evaluation
- BIG – Bjarke Ingels Group (Danish firm with office in New York) and Hassell (Aust representation),
- Woods Bagot (Aust representation), Scape NYC (USA)
- UN Studio (Dutch), LAB architecture studio (Aust), NH Architecture (Aust), Imelk (USA)
- Sasaki Associates (USA), Diller Scofidio Renfro (USA); Jackson Teece (Aust)
- SOM – Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (USA) + Andersen Hunter Horne (Aust)
The London Studio of HASSELL, working with Arup, has been appointed by Tbilisi City Hall to carry out the concept design of the new Tbilisi Zoo on the outskirts of the Georgian capital city. The project will see the existing city centre zoo replaced by a zoological and recreation complex adjacent to the inland lake known as Tbilisi Sea.
Continue reading Tbilisi Zoo | Tbilisi Georgia | HASSELL