IMAGE CREDIT| Flickr User | The Department for Culture, Media and Sport
The London Legacy Development Corporation has recently announced that six teams have been shortlisted for the Olympicopolis Design Competition. The new culture and education quarter is part of the Olympicopolis vision for Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. Over 43 high quality submissions comprising established companies and emerging practices which included 125 different architects from around the world.
The six finalists teams are:
Continue reading Shortlist announced for Olympicopolis Design Competition
Marina One is a mixed-use development at the centre of Singapore’s business district aims to become its signature real estate development. Its brief is to define new standards of luxury urban living and to create an international benchmark for design and sustainability excellence.
Continue reading Marina One | Singapore | Gustafson Porter
Team Entry Infographic | Courtesy of Институт медиа, архитектуры и дизайна “Стрелка” / Сергей Леонтьев and Institute for media, architecture and design Strelka
Back in April we posted the announcement for Zaryadye Park Design Competition – the first public park built in Moscow for over 50 years. The organisers have announced that the received over 90 entries of which 87 teams were eligible for entry. The list of team leaders shows that there is great interest from around the world with many of the teams having a track record of winning major design competitions including Atelier Dreiseitl, Bjarke Ingels Group(BIG), Diller Scofidio + Renfro, Grant Associates, GROSS. MAX, Gustafson Porter, HASSELL, James Corner Field Operations, Mecanoo International, Miralles Tagliabue EMBT, MVRDV, OKRA, Rainer Schmidt Landschaftsarchitekten, REX Architecture, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill(SOM), SWA Group, TOPOTEK 1, Turenscape, W Architecture and Landscape Architecture, Zaha Hadid and 66 other teams.
The next stage is to select a final six teams who will proceed to Stage 2 – Concept competition.
Find out the other teams at Zaryadye Park Design Competition
IMAGE | Courtesy of Zaryadye Park Design Competition organisers | Институт медиа, архитектуры и дизайна “Стрелка” / Сергей Леонтьев and Institute for media, architecture and design Strelka
We have just published the #06 edition of WLA Landscape Architecture Quarterly Magazine. #06 includes projects from Stoss Landscape Urbanism, Gustafson Porter, Boffa Miskell, HOSPER, Claude Cormier + Associes, KBP.EU | Karres en brands and Polyform, Volkert, Cardno S.P.L.A.T., Hostetler Zhang Studer and SHMA.
#06 include a wide variety of scales and programs of built and unbuilt projects including urban design, recreational design, urban sqaures, riverfronts, public art, and a hotel in Tibet. WLA #06 is like the preceding editions which showcase projects from across the world including USA, UK, Denmark, China, Canada, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand, Belgium and Tibet.
The announcement of the finalists of the International Design Competition for Aberdeen’s City Garden Project was revealed today. The six finalists have been selected to go on to the second stage of the competition after a unanimous vote by the jury panel. Over 55 submissions were received from across the world with many opting to partner with UK design firms.
The finalists are:
• Diller Scofidio and Renfro (New York) / Keppie Design (Glasgow) working in association with landscape architect Olin Studio.
• Foster + Partners (London) / Vladimir Djurovic Landscape Architecture (Beirut) working in association with cost and construction consultant Gardiner & Theobald
• Snøhetta (Oslo) / Gareth Hoskins Architects (Glasgow) working in association with engineering and multi-discipline company AECOM
• Gustafson Porter (London) / Niall McLaughlin Architects (London) working with urban analyst Space Syntax, engineer Arup and cost adviser Jackson Coles
• Mecanoo Architecten (Delft, Netherlands) / Cooper Cromar (Glasgow) working in association with landscape architect Ian White, engineer Buro Happold and cost adviser Davis Langdon (AECOM).
• West 8 urban design & landscape architecture (Rotterdam, Netherlands) / Archial Group (Aberdeen) working in association with engineer Arup and cost and construction consultant Turner & Townsend
The £140m City Garden Project will radically transform a strategic central location, raising the nineteenth-century Union Terrace Gardens and covering over the unattractive Denburn dual carriageway and railway line.
Continue reading Finalists announced for Aberdeen’s City Garden international design competition