Back in August we put the notice out for the International Search for Barangaroo Central Master Planning Team. After a review of all submissions the Authority’s Recommendation Panel has shortlisted 5 teams to deliver presentations and participate in interviews, prior to the final selection being made in December 2012.
Teams selected for further evaluation
- BIG – Bjarke Ingels Group (Danish firm with office in New York) and Hassell (Aust representation),
- Woods Bagot (Aust representation), Scape NYC (USA)
- UN Studio (Dutch), LAB architecture studio (Aust), NH Architecture (Aust), Imelk (USA)
- Sasaki Associates (USA), Diller Scofidio Renfro (USA); Jackson Teece (Aust)
- SOM – Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (USA) + Andersen Hunter Horne (Aust)
UPDATE | The Barangaroo Delivery Authority today released the Request for Proposal (RFP) process to seek an experienced and highly qualified team to provide master planning services for Barangaroo Central. Submissions will close at 2pm (Sydney Time) on Wednesday 26 September 2012. The RFP is available for download at Barangaroo Delivery Authority.
An international search is on for a masterplanning team for Barangaroo’s 5.2 hectare central precinct. Barangaroo is a 22 hectare former container port on the western edge of Sydney’s downtown district. The Barangaroo Delivery Authority (BDA) is searching for the world’s best in urban planning, urban design and architecture professions. “We are looking for a world class team, with the skills and experience to collaborate with the Authority to provide master planning services that achieve the vision and objectives for Barangaroo Central,” said John Tabart, CEO of the Barangaroo Delivery Authority.
Continue reading UPDATE | International search for Barangaroo Master Planning Team | Sydney Australia