Work has started on site for a public realm scheme to improve the upper section of The Parade in Watford Town Centre. Designed by BDP the project responds to feedback from local residents and businesses who want to see the town centre become more attractive, helping to bring shoppers, families and businesses to the area. Continue reading Public Realm Scheme Underway in Watford
The existing Town of Kansas pedestrian bridge in Kansas City, Missouri received some enhancements to the positive experience it currently enjoys. Kansas City as we know it today originated as the “Town of Kansas” when Lewis and Clark first stopped here while traversing the Missouri River and is the beginning of the cities Main Street. Continue reading Town of Kansas Enhancements | Kansas City USA | KEM STUDIO
The Mayor of London and Transport for London have released a plan to improve cyclists safety on the roads of London.
London’s boroughs and cycling groups are being asked to comment on the content of the plan, which highlights the needs for action by:
· Promoting the cycling safety message to all road users.
· Delivering new, safe cycle routes and facilities – such as the new Cycle Superhighways routes and the central London Cycle Hire scheme with its 6,000 bikes.
· Confidence boosting training for cyclists, and other road users –£3 million has been invested in cycle training this year.
· Encouraging HGV(heavy goods vehicles) operators in London to take cycling safety seriously – including engaging with 7,000 London companies and encouraging them to join TfL’s Freight Operators Recognition Scheme.
· Working with over 300 freight companies which operate construction vehicles – they will be encouraged to install side-bars or other safety devices on HGVs that are currently exempt.
· Calling for Government action to improve HGV safety – by removing the current exemption for some construction vehicles to have side-bars and requiring cycle safety awareness as a mandatory part of HGV drivers ‘Certificate of Professional Competence’ (CPC) periodic training requirement.
· Championing the need to allow trials of innovative safety measures – such as Trixi mirrors in London to examine their potential benefits for cycling safety.
· Creating a Cycle Safety Working Group of key road user and cycling organisations