We have just published WLA 13 – SMALL – the latest edition of WLA magazine and now we are putting out the Call for Submissions for WLA 14. The theme for WLA 14 is Temporary/Transitory – we are looking for temporary landscapes or landscapes that have transitioned from degraded to rehabilitate. Projects can include art installations, pop-ups/events (parklets, festivals, art shows) sales houses, display gardens (expos, shows), emergency landscapes (temporary housing, hospitals, aid etc), Construction – project management. Re-vegetation/Rehabilitation – mining, erosion control, wetlands, etc. Any conceptualized or realized project that fits within the theme. Projects should be from 2010-2014 with preference to projects from 2013-2014.
Continue reading WLA Magazine | Call for Submissions | Temporary/Transitory
World Landscape Architecture puts out the Call for Submissions for the 13th edition of WLA Magazine. “Small” is the theme of WLA 13, we are looking for landscape projects under 1,000 square meters (approximately 10,000 square feet). Examples of possible projects include public space, private gardens, installations, roof landscapes, micro gardens, interior landscapes, green walls and any small landscape. We are looking for conceptual and built projects undertaken in 2012-2014 with an emphasis on recent projects.
Continue reading Call for Submissions | WLA Magazine | “Small”
UPDATE | We have extended the deadline for WLA 12 submissions to January 10 to give you more time after the busy Christmas period to put together your submissions.
We look forward to seeing submissions in the New Year.
World Landscape Architecture calls for submissions for the 12th edition of WLA landscape architecture magazine. We are looking for great conceptual and built projects from design studios, firms, freelancers, students from across the world that were designed or realised in 2013. Projects can be landscape, urban design, lighting, art installation (a landscape architect/ landscape designer must have been involved with the project). We encourage all firms to submit projects of any scale, nothing is too small or too big and showcases the diversity of work of the landscape profession.
We look forward to seeing your beautiful and diverse projects.
How to submit your project?
1. Select your 5 to 10 best images with a minimum 800 pixels wide at 150dpi in jpg format. (Images should be attached or included in one zip or rar file – do NOT paste images in the email)
2. Write 500-1000 words English descriptive text (Including 100-300 word design statement by the designer/team) about the project in word format or emails (no pdfs allowed).
3. List the project name, location, design firm, consultants(architects, artists, engineers, constractors, etc) and the credits for images and text.
4. Include a note stating that you or the company ”own the copyright to the project, images and text and give World Landscape Architecture the right to publish the work digitally and/or in hard copy format.”
5. Email the files and text to email@example.com with the subject “WLA12 – Project Title – Designer” – replace Project Title with name of your project, Designer with the name or your name or firm name
Please send any files larger that 10mb via wetransfer.com or yousendit.com
December 31st 11:59PM Honolulu Time JANUARY 10 11:59PM Honolulu Time
KERB, the annual cross-disciplinary design publication produced by the RMIT is calling for submissions. KERB 19 is seeking submissions which explore the theme ‘Paradigms of Nature: Post Natural Futures’. They seek submissions of experimental and innovative design projects, research, written, and photographic works, collages, digital animations or film.
Full submissions up to 3000 words must be received by 14th March 2011 or abstracts can be submitted up until 28th February 2011.
For more information go to KERB 19
spotted on PRUNED