Earlier this year, in a World-first, NuGen invited designers from across the globe to come up with ideas for Europe’s largest nuclear power station.
The shortlisted schemes, for various buildings including a visitor centre and worker accommodation, are now available on the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) website: and on the Landscape Institute (LI)
Shortlisted teams in the LI competition:
- Iteriad, Stephenson Halliday and Charles and Lily Jencks supported by Atkins Engineers
- Aecom Infrastructure and Environment Ltd
- One Creative Environments
- Estell Warren Ltd
The shortlisted ideas were selected by an independent panel of experts, including Sir Terry Farrell (the British architect and urban designer famous for work including the MI6 Building in London) and Paul Tiplady (former Chief Executive of the Lake District National Park Authority).
Do you want to Have Your Say on the designs? Email NuGen at: [email protected] and include ‘Design Competition’ in the subject field.
- Sir Terry Farrell – Architect and Town Planner
- Tom Samson – Chief Executive of NuGen
- Paul Tiplady CMLI – Landscape Architect, Town Planner and Formerly Chief Executive of Lake District National Park Authority
- Carly Tinkler CMLI – Carly Tinkler Environmental, Landscape and Colour Consultancy
- Kate Bailey CMLI – Landscape Architect and Town Planner
- Peter Shepherd – Ecologist
- Kirsty Gogan – Expert in Climate and Energy Communications
- Bart Volbrecht – Chief Nuclear Officer NuGen
- Esa Heiskanen – Director of Project Development & Deputy Chief Executive NuGen