Back in August we put the notice out for the International Search for Barangaroo Central Master Planning Team. After a review of all submissions the Authority’s Recommendation Panel has shortlisted 5 teams to deliver presentations and participate in interviews, prior to the final selection being made in December 2012.
Teams selected for further evaluation
- BIG – Bjarke Ingels Group (Danish firm with office in New York) and Hassell (Aust representation),
- Woods Bagot (Aust representation), Scape NYC (USA)
- UN Studio (Dutch), LAB architecture studio (Aust), NH Architecture (Aust), Imelk (USA)
- Sasaki Associates (USA), Diller Scofidio Renfro (USA); Jackson Teece (Aust)
- SOM – Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (USA) + Andersen Hunter Horne (Aust)
The Master Plan for Barangaroo Central will complete the long term vision for Barangaroo, creating a new precinct linking the six hectare Headland Park with Lend Lease’s Barangaroo South financial hub, with its future planning amendments to include a variation to the location of the landmark hotel.
The successful team appointed as the Barangaroo central master planner will lead the development of the conceptual vision for the precinct leading to the design of an excellent and exciting Central Master Plan. The Authority intends to select a team by mid December 2012 to commence master planning work in the first quarter of 2013.
Following detailed assessment and evaluation of the proposals, the Authority’s Recommendation Panel has shortlisted 5 teams to deliver presentations and participate in interviews, prior to the final selection being made in December 2012.
IMAGE Courtesy of Barangaroo Delivery Authority