Samsung Everland, celebrating its 50th anniversary this year, is inviting students in architecture, landscape architecture, and urban design programs around the world to participate in our design competition. We are looking for creative ideas and innovative design approaches that will lead us to the new possibilities of urban typologies.
Most urban spaces are created with clear intentions. Yet, some are not. They are the results of the indifferences in planning, design, and urban economy. These spaces are neither purposed nor defined. We can find these types of spaces in every corner of any city. In most cases, these spaces are neglected. Now, we would like you to find these types of spaces that are under utilized, and interpret them in a new way to bring out its full potentials.
The subject of the proposal, “reinterpreting urban space” lies in providing citizens a new perspective toward urban spaces by redefining the relationship between these indeterminate spaces and the city by re-invigorating them with new possibilities.
Type: open, ideas
- the competition is open to any registered student-individual or team-from all over the world.
- The competition accepts max. 3 people in a team.
Language: English or Korean
submission deadline for the 1st round : July 15, 2013 17:00 (online)
submission deadline for the 2nd round : August 12, 2013 17:00 (online)
Grand Prize(1) : 10,000,000 KW (approx 8,900USD)
First Prize(1) : 50,00,000 KW
Second Prize(3) : 1,000,000 KW
Honorable Mention(4) : 500,000 KW
For more information:
- Junghan Bae (Professor at Seoul National University)
- Yoongyoo Jang (Professor at Kookmin Univercity / President of UNSANGDONG Architectects)
- Jungyoon Kim (President of Office PARKKIM)
- Joonyeon Kim (Design Director of Samsung Everland Design Group)
- Jaeheon Cheon (Design Director of Samsung Everland Design Group)
WORLD LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE is not involved in the operation of this competition please contact the organisers via the Samsung Everland