“We received more than 500 registrations and 68 submissions for this year’s Laneways By George! Hidden Networks project to transform and explore the potential of City laneways with creative, innovative and inspiring high quality temporary artworks,” said Lord Mayor Clover Moore MP.
Eight teams have had their concepts selected by Curator and urban designer Dr Steffen Lehmann and the City’s Public Art Panel.
- 7 Metre Bar –Richard Goodwin, Adrian Macgregor and Russell Lowe
- PS: Potential Spaces –Neeson Murcutt, Chalk Horse and Freehills
- Dwell in the City – Kim Bridgland, Adrian Hill and team
- The Urban Barcode – Maix Mayer, Damian Hadley and Hannah Tribe
- The Meeting Place – Aspect Studios, Herbert+Mason, Derlot, Light 2
- Family Unit: Chill Trailer – Anne Graham and the Bond Family:
- Forgotten Songs – Michael T. Hill, Richard Major, David Towey, Richard Wong
- Infinity Forest – Mathew Chan (Scale Architecture), Isabelle Cordeiro, Katie Hepworth
The proposed Laneways By George! 2009 – Hidden Networks temporary artworks will now go through the DA process, then if approved be installed in time for the City of Sydney’s Art & About event in October.
The installations are intended to remain in place until the end of The Sydney Festival in late January 2010.
For more information, visit the website: www.lanewaysbygeorge.com.au