New galleries take shape at Botanical Garden

For years, the aluminum lath house that sheltered the Desert Botanical Garden’s treasured cactus collection sorely needed a dynamic makeover.

Considered state of the art in 1950, the space had long ago reached capacity, with specimens poking through the top of the lath and shade cloth roof, and spilling over rocks that served as protective and decorative boarders. An additional structure added in 1965 for succulents didn’t much improve the look.

New galleries take shape at Botanical Garden.

RSS FEED EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION Follow Us on Twitter Join Our LinkedIN Group Become a Fan on Facebook Circle us on google+

LATEST WLA MAGAZINE

MAGAZINE SPECIAL EDITIONS