Marion Blackwell, Fellow of Australian Institute of Landscape Architects received the Member of the Order of Australia for service to conservation and the environment, particularly through the Australian Native Plants Society, and to the profession of landscape architecture. The Order of Australia honour is given to those Australians recognised for their achievements and service of their fellow citizens.
Founder and Principal, Blackwell and Associates Landscape Architects, since mid 1960s.
Honorary Fellow, Australian Institute of Landscape Architects.
Major landscape projects undertaken include:
– Murdoch University Campus.
– North West Shelf Gas Project.
– Aboriginal Cultural Centre, Carnarvon.
– Cable Beach Intercontinental Resort.
– Voyager Estate Winery.
– Greening of Jigalong (a remote desert Indigenous centre).
– King’s Park Restaurant.
– Harold Boas Gardens Perth, in 1976; the gardens were placed on the WA State Register of Heritage Places in 2007.