The upgrades to Little Hay Street, Factory Street and Kimber Lane are stage one in the transformation of Chinatown’s Public Domain. The focus of the work is to uplift the public domain quality and strengthen the pedestrian connections, whilst improving lighting, furniture, and embracing the distinguishing character of each street or laneway by integrating site specific public artworks.
Continue reading Chinatown Upgrades | Sydney Australia | ASPECT Studios
Back in August we put the notice out for the International Search for Barangaroo Central Master Planning Team. After a review of all submissions the Authority’s Recommendation Panel has shortlisted 5 teams to deliver presentations and participate in interviews, prior to the final selection being made in December 2012.
Teams selected for further evaluation
- BIG – Bjarke Ingels Group (Danish firm with office in New York) and Hassell (Aust representation),
- Woods Bagot (Aust representation), Scape NYC (USA)
- UN Studio (Dutch), LAB architecture studio (Aust), NH Architecture (Aust), Imelk (USA)
- Sasaki Associates (USA), Diller Scofidio Renfro (USA); Jackson Teece (Aust)
- SOM – Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (USA) + Andersen Hunter Horne (Aust)