The Landscape Institute has announced the 2013 Landscape Institute Awards with Leicester Square City Quarter by Burns+Nice winning the President’s Award. Leicester Square City Quarter in London has been named winner of the 2013 Landscape Institute President’s Award. Burns + Nice, the landscape architects behind the reshaping of the central London site, were selected from 41 landscape projects competing for the prestigious landscape award. Other entrants included Gardens by the Bay in Singapore, the Olympic Park design for the 2016 Rio Olympics and Gorky Park in Moscow. The winners received their award at a lunchtime ceremony hosted by Wayne Hemingway MBE. Congratulations to all category winners and for a full list….
Continue reading 2013 Landscape Institute Awards announced
Over 5,000 people attended Gaining Ground, the recent ASLA Annual Meeting & Expo in Boston. The meeting gave the impression that the landscape industry in the USA has turned a corner and is heading into 2014 with a sense of confidence with a touch of mild trepidation. The ASLA Meeting and Expo allows attendees to gain insights and learning on a wide variety of topics in areas of design, technology, business, combined with an Expo that showcases a wide variety of products. The event also provides the opportunity to catch up with friends and make new ones with casual chats and discussions often extending into the night over dinner or a drink.
Continue reading ASLA 2013 Meeting | growing confidence and learning
World Landscape Architecture calls for submissions for the 12th edition of WLA landscape architecture magazine. We are looking for great conceptual and built projects from design studios, firms, freelancers, students from across the world that were designed or realised in 2013. Projects can be landscape, urban design, lighting, art installation (a landscape architect/ landscape designer must have been involved with the project). We encourage all firms to submit projects of any scale, nothing is too small or too big and showcases the diversity of work of the landscape profession.
We look forward to seeing your beautiful and diverse projects.
How to submit your project?
1. Select your 5 to 10 best images with a minimum 800 pixels wide at 150dpi in jpg format. (Images should be attached or included in one zip or rar file – do NOT paste images in the email)
2. Write 500-1000 words English descriptive text (Including 100-300 word design statement by the designer/team) about the project in word format or emails (no pdfs allowed).
3. List the project name, location, design firm, consultants(architects, artists, engineers, constractors, etc) and the credits for images and text.
4. Include a note stating that you or the company ”own the copyright to the project, images and text and give World Landscape Architecture the right to publish the work digitally and/or in hard copy format.”
5. Email the files and text to email@example.com with the subject “WLA12 – Project Title – Designer” – replace Project Title with name of your project, Designer with the name or your name or firm name
Please send any files larger that 10mb via wetransfer.com or yousendit.com
DEADLINE | December 31st 11:59PM Honolulu Time
This public boardwalk in Pyrmont, Sydney, completes the foreshore upgrades to Jacksons Landing – a waterfront community over 10 years in the making. The new wharf strengthens the open space connections between the significant foreshore parks to the north and south, provides an opportunity to engage with the water, and a generous shared path along the waterfront.
Continue reading Cadi Park Wharf | Sydney Australia | ASPECT Studios
The Mayor of New York recently announced that the city will install the largest solar energy installation in New York City at Freshkills Parks. The installation is set to power 2,000 homes and will increase the City’s current renewable energy capacity by 50 percent. The Administration is moving forward with steps to officially map an additional 1,500 acres of Freshkills into parkland, officially bringing the total for Freshkills Park to 2,200 acres and bringing total parkland in New York City to more than 30,000 acres for the first time in history.
Continue reading New York City’s Largest Solar Energy Installation to be built at Freshkills Park