The People’s Government of Bao’an District, Shenzhen and Urban Planning, Land and Resources Commission of Shenzhen Municipality have announced the shortlist for Conceptual Urban Design of Bao’an West Dynamic Coastal Zone Design Competition. The shortlist includes Chinese and International companies including consortiums. Over 70 applications were received from across the world and the applications were evaluated by 9 experts from Hong Kong, Shanghai, Xiamen, Guangzhou and Shenzhen.
The preliminary review meeting of the International Consultation on the Conceptual Urban Design of Bao’an West Dynamic Coastal Zone was held on May 12th, 2014. The election panel read the application documents and concept proposal, had discussions, carried out meticulous election and voted the following 8 finalists (including consortiums, in no particular order):
1. Aube Conception SARL d’Architecture France
2. The Urban Planning & Design Institute of Shenzhen (UPDIS) & HASSELL Design Consulting (Shanghai) Ltd & Shenzhen Graduate School, Harbin University of Technology
3. Shenzhen Lay-out Planning Consultants Ltd & KCAP International B.V.& Atelier Dreiseitl (BJ Branch)
4. Shenzhen General Institute of Architectural Design and Research Co., Ltd. & NAUTA Architecture & Research & Tenio Architecture And Engineering（Tianjin）Co.,Ltd.
5. The Architectural Design Research Institute of SCUT & Obermeyer Engineering Consulting (Beijing) Co.,Ltd.
6. China Academy of Urban Planning & Design (CAUPD) & SWA Group
7. ISA-Internationales Stadtbauatelier
8. Kuiper Compagnons
The organisers have issued an invitation to the shortlisted 8 firms. A Site Visit, question and answer sessions and also the release related consultation documents on May 22nd, 2014.